Where have I been?
Here's a little update!
1. Klara is WALKING! That's right! 10 months old and walking around! She is either much more cautious than her older sister was or much smarter. She prefers to only take 4-5 steps at a time while grinning like a madwoman and then slowly lower herself to the ground. We are convinced she could go much further if she wished, but she prefers not to let us in on her little secret yet so she can whine and be carried a bit longer.
2. Kris is currently handicapped. Sadly, with no real one moment or injury to attribute it to, my hubs has partially torn his rotator cuff. He is sadly confined to a reclining position with ice on his shoulder, or walking around with his arm strapped to his body...he is not excited. After a few visits to the ER and one orthopedic Dr's appointment under our belts, it looks like next week we will be discussing the possibility of surgery. Pray for a speedy recovery for him!
3. Our family Ultimate Burger Cook Off is this weekend at our house! Men vs. women, so if you have any tips, tricks, or the ultimate burger recipe...send it my way (hit the contact me portion on the blog here) or tweet me. Help us girls bring home the victory!
4. We had our first class at our new church to become full members! We will be meeting with the pastor for the next few months until we have covered everything. If you are curious, we are joining a WELS Lutheran church after growing up in ELCA churches, that is the reason for the classes.
5. Kenzie has started homeschool for preschool! We are using the Sonlight program and looooove it. You can check out the curriculum's here. I've also been incorporating some extra things on my own. We're slowly going through the alphabet, our numbers, colors, and learning little tidbits like our address and phone number. She is excited every day for "school" and is doing incredibly well!
6. The Good Morning Girls Proverbs 31 study is drawing to a close...but it doesn't have to be the end! For those of you in my group on Facebook that expressed interest, friends, family, and anyone else who wants to join us, I will be leading a study using THIS blog, facebook, and twitter starting in a few weeks. We will be reading the book What Women Fear by Angie Smith. Here is a link to the book if you'd like to purchase it, otherwise it is available on itunes and kindle etc. I'll be posting the study guide in a week or two and will be creating a Facebook discussion group and twitter hashtag to follow! Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to join us!
7. I will be throwing my second baby's first birthday party in only a little over a month! Time is flying! Check out my pinterest if you want to see birthday party ideas or send me any fun ones!
8. My husband's business is off and running and keeping him busier than ever! We are so proud of him and all his hard work and determination! Make sure to follow him on twitter here, after you follow me of course!
9. I am looking for guest posters! If you're interested (whether you have a blog or not) contact me and we will get you scheduled!
10. I promise to blog more! I certainly got out of the "groove" for a while there and neglected the blog. Now that you are up to date we can begin again!